Yogurt or curd is an essential food item found in every household particularly in India. Apart from being tasty, it acts as a cooling agent and has a number of beauty benefits. Yogurt is enriched in lactic acid and is one of the best for various stomach and skin-related issues.
Yogurt is used to remove sunburns and tan, lighten dark spots and also glowing skin. It also acts as a bleaching agent that helps remove the dead skin cells, resulting in healthier and cleaner and brighter.
See also : Chapped Lips Simple Homemade Tips
Let’s unfold some age-old beauty packs for the skin sitting at your home
- For brighter complexion add a pinch of turmeric to a tablespoon of yogurt and mix them well. Apply this mix on your face and neck and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with normal water. Use this mixture every day for two weeks.
- Yogurt has exfoliating ingredients that help to lighten the dark spots or marks naturally with regular use. Take 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder in a bowl with enough yogurt to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck for 30 minutes. Wash. Do this twice a week.
- To lessen Sun Tan try using a paste of tomato pulp with a ¼th cup of yogurt. After 30 minutes rinse it off with normal water. Alternatively, yogurt with honey also works. Repeat this twice a week.
- For dry skin, apply 2 spoons of mashed banana –yogurt paste on your face. This helps in exfoliating the skin and making it look brighter.
- Yogurt is a great cleanser. It removes impurities, by killing the bacteria and then by removing the dead cells. Apply yogurt mixed in few drops of olive oil or almond oil. You can see a visibly cleaner and healthier skin.