Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Complete Diet Plan (VRK Diet) When you are following this program remember don’t judge it by how you are feeling the first 3 days or so. Give it a good 7 days at least. After that don’t be afraid to fast by having special soups. Follow the program until you reach your personal goal and then follow the recovery & maintenance.
Everyone body is different. For this program to start working your body needs to switch to using fat as its primary source of energy. Depending on when it happens you will start liking the feeling of having constant high energy levels, of course love weighing yourself and admiring yourself in the mirror.
Don’t get fooled by just the aesthetic benefits you are going to get amazing overall health benefits like reversal of type-2 diabetes, fatty liver or other metabolic diseases, lower blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, hormonal balance, relief from gas/bloating/acid reflex and many more.
You must follow the below rules during this diet program
Rule 1: Eat only when you are hungry do not eat for taste.
Rule 2: Eat only until your hunger is satisfied. Save and eat later
Rule 3: Do not eat again until you are hungry.
Rule 4: Do not follow set timetable to eat like breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack etc. Eat whenever you are hungry. Some people have gone not eating for as long as 44 days drinking only the special soups.
4 Pillars of Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Complete Diet Plan
- Consume 70 g – 100g of Direct Fat (coconut oil). Not ml /cup/ spoonful. See substitutes if you don’t like coconut oil. Measure and drink it or mix it in soups and drink it. This is in addition from the fat you use for cooking.
- Consume 4 Liters or more of Water
- Consume Juice of 3 Lemons
- Take one Multi Vitamin Tablet
Important note : You must consume all four Pillars items every single day during this diet program
Along with these four you can eat any combination foods from the allowed list in any form ( cooked, steamed, stir-fried, grilled, deep-fried or raw)
Coconut Oil and Substitutes
Try to drink coconut oil as much as you can. If you get a gagging sensation try to take 20g at a time but give it a try before considering other options. Do not drink large quantities at one go. You might have diarrhea due to increased bile production.
Convince yourself that Coconut Oil is a medicine. Not all medicines are sugar coated like cough syrups. If you still cannot then here are a few alternative fats for your daily must.
- Cow Ghee
- Olive Oil
- Unsalted Butter (Cooking Butter)
- Perugu Meegada (Top layer of fat from Indian Dahi / Yogurt)
- Coconut Oil
- Cow Ghee
- Olive Oil
- Cheese, Perugu Meegada
All Leafy Greens like Paalak (Spinach), Tothakura (Amaranthus), Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)Mullangi (mooli/Daikon Radish)All Gourds like Aanapakaya, Beerakaya, Boodida Gummadikaya, Kakarakaya, Gummadikaya. (Bottle, Ridge, Ash, Bitter, Pumpkin)Bhindi (Okra), Cauliflower, Brinjal, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cucumber, Keera, Broccoli, MushroomsAll vegetables except the ones listed as disallowed.Onion, Tomato, Carrot ( 1 large each per day)
- Whole Eggs ( including whites & yellow) (max up to 6 per eggs per day)
- Paneer ( Indian Cottage Cheese) upto 100g per day
- Unsalted Butter
All meats up to max 250g ( Female) -300g (Male) per day. All meats chicken, mutton, fish, prawns, pork all are allowed.
Make sure you weigh the raw meat before cooking and eat. Not the cooked curry.
Sea salt ( only sea salt no other salt)
All spices like Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove, Curry Leaves, Bay Leaves, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Garlic, Mustard, Chillies
- Club Soda
- Green/White/Black Tea
- Black Coffee
- Coffee with Butter/Coconut Oil ( Bulletproof Coffee)
- Mature/Ripe Coconut (max Half Shell)
- Tella Nuvvulu (White Sesame Seeds)
- Avisa Ginjalu (Flax Seeds)
- Walnuts ( max 10 per day. Soaked overnight are preferred. )
- Almonds ( max 10 per day. Soaked overnight are preferred. )
- Pistachios ( max 10 per day. Soaked overnight are preferred. )
- Sunflower Seeds ( max 6 tea spoons per day.)
- Watermelon Seeds ( max 6 tea spoons per day.)
- Pumpkin Seeds ( max 6 tea spoons per day.)
[amazon_link asins=’B01HBRBY5E,B077ZTQCV2,B00Z9GEHUO,B01LPY9R08,B01129SSMO,B074P535T6,B01MAZ37UC,B01ACAFKMK,B078SCRV8D,B078HW18Y7′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’asweb2018-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’f5d81f7e-98be-11e8-96a8-afa7262920bf’]
Seeds and Nuts can be taken all together. Hypothetically you can eat up to 10 almonds + 10 walnuts + 6 tea spoons of Sunflower seeds + 6 tea spoons of Pumpkin Seeds. Do it only if you need that much energy. Otherwise use your judgement. Nuts and seeds are optional.
- All refined oils (Sunflower, Rice Bran, Saffola, Palm Oil)
- All other nuts except Almond, Walnut, Pista
Fruits: All Fruits
- Raw Plantain (Raw Banana)
- Chamadumpa, Chamagadda,
- Sweet Potato
- All Beans Chikkudu (Dolichos), French Beans, Boda/Long Beans (Cow Pea Beans)
- All Pulses & Daals like (Toor, Moong, Urad, Peas, Channa)
- Young/Tender Coconut
Grains / Flours
- Jonnalu, Sajjalu, Raagulu, Korralu (All Millets like Sorghum, Pearl, Finger, Copper, Foxtail etc.)
- Coconut Water
- Tea with Milk and/or Sugar
- Coffee Milk and/or Sugar
- Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Fruit Juices, Diet Coke, Coke Zero
- All Alcoholic drinks
- Curd (Yogurt)
- Chintapandu/Emli (Tamarind)
- Tene (Honey)
- Bellam (Jaggery/Guddh)
- Artificial Sweetners
- Salts (All Other types of Salts like (Himalayan Rock Salt etc. except Sea Salt)
- Food Colours
- Tasting Salt (MSG/Ajinomoto/Mono Sodium Glutamate)
- Tobacco (all forms including Cigarette, Gutkha, Tambaku etc.)
- Vakkapodi (Beetle nut, Paan)
- NO alcohol
- Outside Food
We need to eat out occasionally. Let us accept it. The general idea here is to avoid eating anything that has ingredients from the not allowed list. Make sure there is no food colour, MSG and cashew paste etc.Preferably if you can avoid onion/tomato puree as well then it is good. Even better would to ask if the chef can make the dish with butter.
Vegetarian(Made with Butter)
Bhendi Fry etc.
Non Vegetarian(made with Butter)
Travel is something we cannot control. Especially if you are in a travel job. Try to avoid travelling during the first 3 days of starting the program for many reasons which I will cover later.
Here is a list to keep handy.
Coconut Oil or your choice of fat
Lots seeds, nuts from the allowed list
Cucumber (Keera) with Lime Squeezed
Plain Lime Soda.
Try eating outside food as described above.
NOTE: I happened to listen to this amazing lecture about training body to use fat as primary fuel for energy by Sri Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna. I am currently following this program. This blog is my interpretation of his speeches in Telugu. This is no way endorsed/affiliated/connected/recommended by Sri Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna. All the information I found about this program has only been in Telugu so far and in the form of YouTube videos. I thought as my contribution to bear the torch I created this information in English. If you can please attend his seminar or watch his videos for authentic first hand information.
Source : Made in india stores